West Exe School
Our postal address: Hatherleigh Road, EX2 9JU
Our school’s telephone number: 01392 660100
Our Headteacher is: Julie Fossey
Our Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) Contact is: Emma Randall
- How West Exe School consider applications for each relevant age group at your school? Full details outlined here
- What parents should do if they want to apply for their child to attend your school? Full details outlined here
- West Exe School’s arrangements for selecting the pupils who apply (if you are a selective school)? Full details outlined here
- West Exe School’s ‘over-subscription criteria’ (how you offer places if there are more applicants than places)? Full details outlined here
- Where can I find a copy of your school’s most recent Ofsted report?
Please find our first Ofsted Report since academising with the Ted Wragg Trust available here.
Exam and Assessment Results
Key stage 4 (end of secondary school) results
- What is West Exe School’s latest progress 8 score? Full details outlined here.
- What is West Exe School’s latest attainment 8 score? Full details outlined here.
- What is the percentage of students staying in education or going into employment after key stage 4 (pupil destinations) at West Exe School? Full details outlined here as soon as they are made public
Please find a link to West Exe School’s, school and college performance tables and the school’s performance tables page here.
- What is the content of your school curriculum in each academic year for every subject, including Religious Education even if it is taught as part of another subject or subjects, or is called something else? The West Exe Baccalaureate covers the teaching of religious studies whilst all other curriculum information can be accessed from the curriculum and assessment section of the menu above.
- What courses available to pupils at key stage 4 at West Exe School, including GCSE’s.
- A list of the qualifications are available here.
- How can parents or other members of the public can find out more about the curriculum your school is following? From the Curriculum and Assessment dropdown above.
Here are details of West Exe School’s behaviour policy. Details of the school’s behavioural policy are contained here and are fully compliant with Section 89 of the Education and Inspections Act 2006.
Health and Safety policy
For details of West Exe School’s health and safety policy please click here.
School complaints procedure
Details of West Exe School’s complaints procedure can be located here. This complies with Section 29 of the Education Act 2002. This also articulates the way in which West Exe School handles complaints from parents of children with special educational needs (SEND) and the support that the school provides. It is a policy which has been adopted by all Ted Wragg Trust schools.
- What are West Exe School’s Pupil Premium strategies? Details of West Exe School’s Pupil Premium strategies can be obtained here.
- For the current academic year, the ways that West Exe School cater for the items below are contained on this page:
- your school’s pupil premium grant allocation amount
- a summary of the main barriers to educational achievement faced by eligible pupils at the school
- how you’ll spend the pupil premium to overcome those barriers and the reasons for that approach
- how you’ll measure the effect of the pupil premium
- the date of the next review of the school’s pupil premium strategy
For the previous academic year, the ways that West Exe School has catered for the items below are contained on this page:
- how you spent the pupil premium allocation
- the effect of the expenditure on eligible and other pupils
Does all Pupil Premium related information stipulate the year of spending? – Yes.
Do all figures run for the academic or financial year? – All financial references refer to the end of the financial year rather than the academic year
The Teaching Schools Council has published templates to support schools in presenting their pupil premium strategies. Use of the templates is voluntary.
Year 7 literacy and numeracy catch-up premium
Does West Exe School receive year 7 literacy and numeracy catch-up premium funding? Yes
- What is West Exe School’s funding allocation for the current academic year? Information is contained here.
- How does West Exe School intend to spend its allocation? Information is contained here.
- How did West Exe School spend its previous year’s allocation? Information is contained here.
- How did West Exe School’s allocation last year make a difference to the attainment of the pupils who benefit from the funding? Information is contained here.
Special educational needs (SEND) and disability information
Does West Exe School have an SEND information report on your policy for pupils with SEND?
Is this information report updated annually? Yes – (please see the date on the document)
Is this document updated throughout the year as important changes occur within the school? Yes, it is reviewed half termly (again, see the date on the document)
Does the report comply with section 69 of the Children and Families Act 2014? Yes, the report includes:
- The arrangements for the admission of disabled pupils
- The steps West Exe School have taken to prevent disabled pupils from being treated less favourably than other pupils
- The facilities West Exe School provide to help disabled pupils to access the school
- The accessibility plan West Exe School have prepared in compliance with paragraph 3 of schedule 10 to the Equality Act 2010 for:
- increasing the extent to which disabled pupils can participate in the school’s curriculum
- improving the physical environment of the school for the purpose of increasing the extent to which disabled pupils are able to take advantage of education and benefits, facilities and services provided or offered by the school
- improving the delivery to disabled pupils of information which is readily accessible to pupils who are not disabled
- regulation 51 and schedule 1 of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Regulations 2014
Careers programme information
How does West Exe School comply with the public sector equality duty? Details are provided here.
Is this updated annually? Yes, please see the date on the document.
Does West Exe School have equality objectives? Yes, they are provided here
Are these updated at least once every 4 years? Yes, please see the date in the document.
Governors’ information and duties
Do you have details of the structure and responsibilities of the governing body and its committees? – Yes information can be obtained here.
Do you have information about each governor? – Yes information can be obtained here.
Does the governor information include their full name, date of appointment, term of office, date they stepped down (where applicable) and who appointed them (in accordance with the governing body’s instrument of government)? Yes information can be obtained here.
Does the governor information include their business and financial interests? – Yes information can be obtained here.
Does the governor information include their governance roles in other educational institutions? – Yes information can be obtained here.
Does the governor information include any material interests arising from relationships between governors or relationships between governors and school staff (including spouses, partners and close relatives)? – Yes information can be obtained here.
Does the governor information include their attendance record at governing body and committee meetings over the last academic year? – Yes information can be obtained here.
Does the governor information include their School contact details? – Yes information can be obtained here.
Charging and remissions policies
Does West Exe School publish its charging and ‘remissions’ policies? Yes information can be obtained here.
Do these policies include the activities or cases where your school will charge pupils’ parents? Yes.
Do these policies include the circumstances where your school will make an exception on a payment you would normally expect to receive under your charging policy? Yes.
Values and ethos
Does West Exe School publish a statement of your school’s ethos and values? Yes, it is available here.
Requests for paper copies
Can I request paper copies of the website and will it cost me money? Yes, you can request paper copies of the school website and they will be provided free of charge. Please email our admin team here and make your request clear.