- An appropriate white shirt.
- Appropriately fitting grey trousers (tailored grey shorts allowed in the summer).
- The blue tartan skirt (which must be on the knee).
- Dark navy logo jumper or cardigans.
- School tie in house colours (this will be the same as any siblings already in the school and assigned to you in July).
- Jackets for years 10 and 11 only.
- Tights for girls in winter and dark socks for boys.
Uniform Expectation guideline video https://youtu.be/o7cicecNb18
PE Kit Guidelines:
Please note we will no longer use house colours in the PE kit or Thomas Moore as a provider. New PE kit is only compulsory for year 7. The new PE kit is required for all year 7, 8 & 9 from September 2021.
- Black and blue Logo sports top (unisex and girls fit options).
- Black and blue Logo shorts/skort or Black high quality West Exe logo leggings.
- Please note the leggings and jogging bottoms are optional but if worn they must be black (and no longer need a logo).
- Black with blue stripes long PE socks for outdoor activities (boys and girls).
- White socks for indoor games.
- Optional hoodies and reversible tops are available.
- We recommend Astro type trainers as being best to buy for both boys and girls which can be used inside and outside.
- Moulded boots (plastic studs) also needed for all boys and any girls that will be involved in Football/Rugby teams.
We are pleased to have moved all our uniform purchasing online. This can be purchased from Price & Buckland. Parents can purchase other items such as shirts and trousers for both boys and girls from any retailer. We advise parents/carers to pay particular attention to the uniform details on the documents at the bottom of this page, as only the specified items will be acceptable. Orders over £60 will be posted to a home address or school for free (although we strongly advise using your home address rather than the School address). Please use the size charts carefully before ordering.
If you have the old version of the logo on your jumper, We are not expecting parents to replace the jumper or cardigan until they are ready to do so.
Summer and Winter Rules:
West Exe have Summer and Winter uniform rules. Students will be expected to wear their jumper/cardigan around school at all times, however students can ask to remove this during lesson time. Girls will also be expected to wear tights with their skirt in the winter. Summer rules will run for the summer term and any warm days outside will be declared as ‘hot weather rules’.
How we help:
We have some second hand items and each year collect in/swap and sell second hand items although stock can be low. If you required items please contact student reception.
Funding and support: We are no longer able to discount new uniform but can offer flexible payments on uniform for some families in need of support. This is where, we as a school purchase items for you and you can make payments over the following months. We also have a option to give you a code where you can purchase them yourself and the school is invoiced and again we add this payment to the gateway.
If you require this support, you will need to fill in an application form before the end of term. Please note that if you are a PP student this will NOT automatically qualify you and we ask you to please make use of the second-hand service first.
Link to form is here: https://forms.gle/dCp5DgkwhQmuk6BA9
Please email email@example.com if you have any further questions after reading the information on this page.